Edwin Pawlowski

"JC" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm looking for a basic, occasional use heater for my garage. The garage
is single car, 410 square feet, uninsulated. Use of the heater for short
term emergency (power outage) indoor heating would be a plus.

What are people's experiences with kerosene vs propane for cost,
effectiveness, safety, cost, etc.? What BTU rating has worked well for
people in similar situations?

Thanks in advance.

I've not use kerosene so I can't comment on that.

I have a garage about the same size. I use a 30,000 Btu propane heater for
a 30 degree temperature rise. This is just fine when it is 20 to 30
degrees, but when we get a spell of single digits, I don't even try to use
it. Over the summer I added some insulation. Too soon to tell what it is
going to do, but it seems to have helped. It does take 15 to 30 minutes to
get comfy on a very cold day.
Ed