dmc

In article ,
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

So you could just create your drive and put up with the 'bump' as you go
over the kerb then (if you are lucky) it will get dropped next time they
resurface the pavement.

This is what the previous owners of our house had been doing - a couple of
months after we moved in we got a letter from the council telling us to
stop or face legal action.

Several others in the street got the same.

When I questioned them for a price I seem to remember 650 quid being
suggested (about 6 years ago). Neighbour recently looked into it again
and I think he said they now want nearly 1200 quid. This is in folkestone.

Darren - still parking on the street