Duane Bozarth

RonB wrote:

... Grizzly was about the bottom (out of square base, table least flat,
near highest runout). Delta rated best quality value overall w/ the
Powermatic (as usually the case)
also good quality but at the expensive end.

Might have something to do with the fact that Griz does not advertise in
Fine Woodworking. Don't know whose choice it is but the Griz 1023 does well
in magazines in which the advertise.

Imagine that!

The 1023 also does well with independently submitted reviews by owners.
(WWA, e-opinion, amazon, various magazine forums, etc.) Owners like them
and some of them are seasoned woodworkers.

Doubt seriously that had anything to do with this particular
review...data is data.

As for not advertising in FW, I know they have in the past although I
couldn't say as to which issue they have/have not or how recently (I
tend to remember specific topics, etc., although my time association
tends to get quite compressed). Such a decision (if they no longer do)
although might say something about their target market...

I suspect there's sufficient quality control issues with most of the
inexpensive imports that from one review to another there could easily
be sufficient variation to change precise order of results...there
have been some review where the "high-priced spread" has arrived at the
shop sadly out of adjustment or something as well--this has been
reported in reviews as well so I have no basis to think the FW reviews
as published are significantly influenced by advertising/advertisers.