brownnsharp

I made a #30 taper mandrel for my milling machine with a jacobs taper
on the other end. I put two drops of loctite on the taper, and tapped
on an Albrecht chuck. Put the combination on the mill, and found that
drill bits wobbled dramatically because my old Albrecht chuck was
wormy. I then tried to remove the chuck with everything I could think
of. Stuck, REALLY stuck... I finally hack sawed the taper and chuck
off, bored out the adapter, pressed in a rod, and turned an new jacob
taper. I hunted around the shop until I found a good jacobs chuck,
mounted it on the taper without loctite, and have been happy ever
since.

DON'T use loctite on the jacobs taper!

Brownnsharp