willshak

On 12/20/2004 1:47 PM US(ET), blueman took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

"Paul O." writes:

"Squanklin" wrote in message
roups.com...

I'm a homeowner who will give light to moderate use of a jigsaw. Which
would you suggest as the best one for such use? Can I get by with a
$49 Skil at HD, or should I go with something at $100+?
Thanks!
Squanklin

I used to have a B&D till it gave out. I bought a Miluakee at Lowe's and
some good blades. The difference is amazing and well worth the extra money.

As someone who has mostly experience with cheaper tools, can you help
me understand what makes the Milwaukee so much better for everyday
jobs (setting aside blade quality which I understand).

What do you mean by "everyday jobs"? Do you mean you will work with the
tool on the job everyday, or by "everyday jobs", do you mean the small,
occasional homeowner uses for the tool?
If you are a contractor and use the tool daily, get the best, most
expensive, tool for the job. You can even write it off for tax purposes.
If you are just a homeowner and want a tool that can do a small job,
maybe once every 4 or 5 years, buy the economical one.
I'm a homeowner, and have used my Makita recip a couple of times in the
past few years to cut a stud or two and have had no problems yet, but I
am using Milwaukee blades in it, so I can't give a reliable opinion on
the saw.