What kind of heat do you have in the rest of the house?
How close is the nearest existing heat source?
How well is this room insulated? Does it have windows?
If it's just a walk-in closet, why do you care if it's a little
cool? What are the adjacent room(s)? what, if anything,
is above it?

If it's a 100 year old colonial, my guess is that it's
got very little insulation above and around it, and
a leaky old window. So I'd start by cutting a foam
insert to plug the window(s), and drop fiberglass
in the attic over it. Only then should you look into
extending the existing heating system.

wrote:

I have a 100 year old colonial in MA with one room on the 2nd floor
with no heat source. Nothing. No radiator, no baseboard heater - it
was just built w/o heat.

The room is about 12 x 10, my wife uses it for her changing room/giant
closet. We keep the door open to get heat from the hallway, but it is
always 10-15 degrees colder than the rest of the house.

How can I get heat in this room without going broke? I am thinking
single baseboard heater with it's ownn thermostat - does something like
that exist? Can it be plugged into a wall outlet or does it need to be
hard wired into the main box?
Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Bluesman