David W.E. Roberts

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
Has anyone had a dropped kerb installed? If so how much did it cost?

I'm looking at a 4.5m dropped kerb. The quote I have had seems awfully
high.

sPoNiX

My mother-in-law just supplied the pavement resurfacers with loads of tea
and biscuits for a few days.

They dropped the kerb for her (at their suggestion) for free.

Doubt the council has even noticed.

Drive had been previously created and accessed over an undropped kerb.

So you could just create your drive and put up with the 'bump' as you go
over the kerb then (if you are lucky) it will get dropped next time they
resurface the pavement.

Similarly, next door has just had their drive block paved and widened and
when the workmen came to do the pavement they just put in a wider dropped
kerb.

HTH

Dave R