Tom Scales

I don't know where you are, but in the US, the warranty is the warranty and
a failure in 24 months is not unreasonable.

Tom
"Lobster" wrote in message
Christian McArdle wrote:
Yesterday it was working fine when I turned it off, but when I booted up
the PC this morning my LCD monitor (a 15" Dell E151Fpp) was completely
dead - even the little light indicating 'power' was off.

How old is it? Where did you purchase it from?

Note that 1 year guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights.
Your
statutory rights are usually considerably more extensive that the
manufacturer's guarantee. However, claims are against the retailer, not
the
manufacturer. If the retailer is bust/lost/dodgy market trader etc., then
this won't be helpful and you can't pursue the manfacturer instead.

It's 24 months old; I bought it direct from Dell with just the standard
12-month warranty, along with a PC. Don't know what statutory rights I
have! but I don't imagine in this case that would help?

Thanks
David