On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:59:17 GMT, igor wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:02:18 -0500, wrote:

Motors driving fans work less when the
airflow is cut off, and conversely, are at risk of overload when the
airflow is too high.

Talk about counterintuitive. Hmmmm? So, if I take a house vacuum, run it,
and put my hand over the end for 30 minutes, the motor hardly works, but if
I hook up the outlet of my shopvac to blow into the vacuum's hose the motor
has to work very hard and will overload? Sorry, but I don't get that. --
Igor

house vacs are different. leave them blocked and they'll overheat.