Mortimer Schnerd, RN

blueman wrote:
As someone who has mostly experience with cheaper tools, can you help
me understand what makes the Milwaukee so much better for everyday
jobs (setting aside blade quality which I understand).

I've got a $170 Bosch 1590 EVSK. Having only previously experienced the cheap
POS Black and Decker models I assumed that it was just the inherent inaccuracy
of the genre when I got poor results. I bought the Bosch because of a review I
read singing its praises.

I can now actually follow a curved line, the cut is smooth rather than frayed,
and my hand doesn't feel like I've got MS after a session with it. It actually
is a pleasure to use. Changing blades is tool free and only takes a second, yet
the resulting mount is rock solid. Blades are extremely easy to find in any
borg, which is more than I can say for my older jigsaw.

If I had it to do over again, I'd do one thing different: I'd have bought it 30
years ago.... or right now. Lowes is selling them for 20% off right now.

On a passing note, I bought my brother's Christmas present the day before they
announced the 20% sale. I can't get the *******s to refund the difference
either, so don't consider this an endorsement of the assholes at Lowes. They're
not the only vender... which I'm going to remember next time.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE