Melissa

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

DVL223EAOWW

I believe that model# will be DVL223EA"0"WW

Without the ""

Your GE dryer was built by Frigidaire for GE.

caught in between the drum and the front of the
dryer

This often induicates a worn drum support and the drum has shifted a
bit and is now pinching the clothes.

The dryer is approx 3.5 years old,
electric GE extra large capacity-model
DVL223EAOWW. Is this a reasonable
amount of time for this part to need to be replaced?

Not overly common but happens.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=343

Front upper felt glide pad with nylon glides, adhesive and
instructions.

http://www.applianceaid.com/wwf-howto.html
Some take apart helps.

jeff.

Received the dryer parts today, removed top and front of dryer, removed felt
pads and last remaining glide (the other two had sort of disintegrated), and
a plastic grocery sack full of lint, blech. Instructions say to remove all
remaining old felt before gluing new pad in place. Any tips on getting the
old felt off? I've been picking at it with pliers as it's too short to grab
with my fingers. Going about as fast as cutting the lawn with a scissor.
Should I keep at it this way, or is there some trick to get the old fuzz of
felt off? Also, should I use as much glue as it seems was originally used?
The tube is I'd guess about an ounce, seems a lot of for this job. The old
pad was covered in orange dust, looks like rust. The old white lower felt
pad is also somewhat orange from the dust, but looks sound otherwise. The
inside of the rim of the drum has a rust looking spot as well. This is the
only spot that looks like it could have been rusted, but the spot is smooth.
I remember the pull of zipper that had been ripped off was stuck there for a
couple of weeks before it fell out. Maybe that's what caused all this to
begin with? I don't know how concerned I should be about this. The
instructions said the paint on the rim where the felt pads are glued should
have paint intact and be smooth. It's still smooth, but much of the paint
is rubbed away. There are also two foam pads, on either side of the drum,
attached to the inside sides of the dryer. I'd guess these sort of keep the
drum in place, or quiet it? One side is perfectly white, the other has a
orange burn or rust mark on it, and the drum leans on that pad. I can push
the drum over to the other pad, but it settles right back against the one
with the mark. Any more help you can provide would be so appreciated. I'm
already feeling a bit of pride at being able to get this far. I'll keep
picking at the felt for now. Thanks so much!

I posted a couple of pictures at alt.binaries.images if you could take a
look, under the heading "inside dryer pictures", shows the leftover felt and
the rust spot and spotted foam pad. Sorry about the photo size.
--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email