RonB

I try to think of how stupid I'm going to look sitting in the emergency
room with a bloody towel around my hand.

Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

There ain't much wrong with a bit of paranoia in the wood shop. You won't
just look stupid with the bloody towel. You feel stupid and besides that,
DAMN IT HURTS!

Experience talking here. After 25 years of woodworking I had the incredibly
stupid gall to say to my wife "....done pretty well because after 25 years I
haven't been injured" The real message was I had reached a level of
complacency. I still went through some of the motions associated with a
safe shop but the mind wasn't fully engaged.

My mind got itself engaged one week later.