RonB

" I find that this takes care of most all the chips and all the sanding
dust. I don't like to wear masks or other contraptions.

I wouldn't recommend testing this...............

I seriously doubt that it would have taken care of the 2 pound chunk of
laminated Walnut that flew off of my 600 RPM lathe a couple of weeks ago and
dinged up my face mask. Judging by the way my head snapped back, I suspect
it was good for a bunch of stitches if not eye damage. I didn't like the
contraption either but I have learned to wear it and generally forget it is
on until I have to blow the dust off of it.

The real inconvenience comes from the trip to the emergency room. Been
there!