IMM

Default Replacing old Honeywell thermostat

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:46:55 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

"Paul" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I've just moved into a new house and found that the cover for my room
thermostat is broken, so I thought I'd better replace it. I don't know
what the model number is, but there is a simple wiring diagram on hte
inside (live, neutral and the wire to the central heating controller).
The terminal that connects to the central heating is number 3 and
marked 20(4)A - do I need to get a new thermostat with the same
rating, or would a 10(4)A be up to the job, as that's the highest I
can find locally. If this isn't enough information, let me know what
else is needed for me to find out.

That will be fine if running a normal gas boiler, pump, zone valves.
Running an electric heating system? Then it is a case of assessing the
current loading.

If it's electric I doubt all the heaters will run through one stat,
it'd be more than 20A. Any standard room stat will suffice.

It could be zoned or whatever. The main point is assessing the loading and
getting a stat to suit.