AshTray700

that usually works great for me also, i went through my oldsmobile and
changed them, its strange that they still use typical bulbs in these
devices when led lamps will outlast the device and use much less current
(they do it for cell phone displays), i guess that is just the "built to
die" principle that manufacturers use these days. if just one stereo
manufacturer would really build consumer level electronics and design them
well it seems to me that they would take over the consumer electronics
market anyways im rambling , if you want to use led lamps you can go to a
hoopers parts supplier if one is nearby and the led package should give
you the resistance you should use in a 12v system. the cheapest way i
found to get a good bright white led is to get one of those keychain
lights for about $4 or go to http://www.superbrightleds.com/ and you can
order them