Lurch

Default Replacing old Honeywell thermostat

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:46:55 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

"Paul" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I've just moved into a new house and found that the cover for my room
thermostat is broken, so I thought I'd better replace it. I don't know
what the model number is, but there is a simple wiring diagram on hte
inside (live, neutral and the wire to the central heating controller).
The terminal that connects to the central heating is number 3 and
marked 20(4)A - do I need to get a new thermostat with the same
rating, or would a 10(4)A be up to the job, as that's the highest I
can find locally. If this isn't enough information, let me know what
else is needed for me to find out.

That will be fine if running a normal gas boiler, pump, zone valves.
Running an electric heating system? Then it is a case of assessing the
current loading.

If it's electric I doubt all the heaters will run through one stat,
it'd be more than 20A. Any standard room stat will suffice.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.