Leon

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

When you set your dovetail bit on your router, you will be
loathe to EVER change that setting.

Are you only cutting Blind dovetails? IIRC the DT bit setting is not all
that critical on "Through" DT's when using a Leigh Jig. But when cutting
Blind DT's you are absolutely correct. The setting is exactly the same for
any thickness of wood and each bit regardless of brand has its own sweet
spot that must be achieved for a good fit on a Blind DT.

I would have a dedicated
router for just that function. I will buy a PC 690 at a
moments notice.

That is why I bought a Bosch 1617evs. It is very easy to get the exact
depth setting for the DT bit.