Lurch

Default help kitchen cooker wiring

On 1 Mar 2004 23:41:42 -0800, in uk.d-i-y
(belgarion) strung together this:

(Lurch) wrote in message ...

Would the following be OK?

Starting at the CU
1. 32A Mcb
2. 6mm2 T&E
3. 20A DP Switch (within 2m of unit)

Make this switch 32A.

32A DP switches don't appear to be very common(?)
compared to 20A & 45A. (I found one on
www.qvselectricalwholesale.co.uk
and it seems expensive. twice the cost of a 20A or 45A)

Would it be possible to use a 45A switch ?
if so would i need to change anything else (mcb/cable)?

You could use a 45A switch, as long as everything on the circuit is
rated at\above the rating of the fuse\mcb you'll be fine. As you'll
notice from my other post I would go for the 32A circuit but if you
really want to you can downgrade the whole circuit to 20A, (with a 20A
mcb, 4mm cable and 20A switch), but then you're limited in the future.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.