Larry Green

I am looking for some software to convert images from a bitmap type
format to a vector (like HPGL) format. I want to do some engraving and
have a machine set up to use an HPGL file but the image I want to
engrave is JPEG format. Any ideas?

Does your machine only read HPGL files or can it handle 'G-Code'
instructions too?

If it were CNC based I could heartily recommend an application for
engraving/milling/routing and plasma cutting primarily sheet materials
(SheetCam).

You would still have to have a valid HPGL or DXF file to use it though.

DeskArt is an application that comes to mind for converting a BMP or JPG
to a vector drawing or for generating the G-Code but may be overkill for
you application.

--
Larry Green