Pop

It's also not uncommon for half ass plumbers to hack through
joists
and really foul things up in order to run pipes fast and easy.
By
the time things start to sag, they are long gone.

I would think it more likely there is just no support under the
tub; someone probably just laid it down without any preps, or
even making sure it was on the joists, like maybe it's midway
between them where it rested on the floor. There was no mention
of ceiling damage below and the poster sounded fairly thorough,
so I didn't feel like it was a joist moving. I'm betting it was
a diy job; just a feeling.

Pop