BOB URZ

pray4surf wrote:

Cable provider stopped by in my absence yesterday and slapped me with a
"Call for Service" tag indicating I have a Cable Signal Leak. I've scheduled
a service call for tomorrow (mid-day PST). But wanted to get schooled on
exactly what a Cable Signal Leak is. I've googled both this NG and
alt.cable-tv and followed up on various suggestions posted in the past...

A little background info -

A year ago as we begun a remodel, the h2o line that the cable ground was
terminated at was relocated and the ground never re-connected. All this time
cable service was not affected.

The cabling setup / schematic has the feed cable that enters a three-way
splitter that feeds to outlets and another three-way splitter which then
feed three more outlets. I'd try a ASCII diagram, but I'd prolly screw that
up also..

As of this posting, only the two feeds coming from the first splitter
provide a clear picture....

I've replaced both splitters to no avail. I've replaced the cable from the
first splitter to the other to no avail.

I've reconnected the ground, to no avail...

So I'm stuck until the service tech arrives tomorrow...

Any advice? I haven't eliminated the chance that any of the replacement
parts are defective. I do have a multi-tester but no idea on how this might
be used...

TIA

Rick
--
Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet

Sounds like a partial DIY JOB. Did you use the PROPER HF
coax? RG-58 won't cut it. Proper RG-6 or better will.
Did you have a proper crimp tool when you made the connections?
Or did you use screw on ones? Did you have cheap splitters?

Your cable company will painfully point out these items if there
not the way they should be. Don't surprised if they swap out your splitters and
put new ends on your cables. Or disconnect any improper cable buried in the
walls.

Bob.