Tim Schwartz

Steve,

While I DON'T know your model specifically, and several of the other
suggestions could well be correct (though I would not suggest leaving it
on all the time), I've seen some Sony models that use the PC board
mounting screws a grounds as well. If these loosen, the unit will go
into protection. I'd suggest that you (with the amp unplugged) tighten
all of the PC board mounting screws, especially the main amp board and
power supply board. The screws are most likely to be #2 philips in
size, and often have a metal tab under them.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

wrote:

My 5 year old Sony DA30 ES reciever has taken to having the overload
protector kick in when I turn it on. If I keep cycling it (which I
know is bad for it) I can eventually get it to kick in and then it's
fine. Any one have any ideas on a fix or what's causing it? I am
going to take it out of the cabinet today to blow it out since it looks
to be very dusty. Don't know if that could have anything to do with
it.

I know how to work a multimeter and some basic electronics knowlege
from my intro EE clases

Is a DA30ES een worth fixing if it's not simple?
Thanks for your help
Steve