Swingman

"bob" wrote in message
Thanks, guys for the great advice. I have, unfortunately, decided to
abandon this project with this species. I do not have time to quickly

glue
up, then assemble the project. Things are going to sit around.

Before you give up do one more test. Take one of the cupped panels, rip it
in half, flip one side over end-for end, then glue the panel back together.

This may make the "cup" negligible and let you proceed with the project
without wasting all that stock and time.

You may also let one of these ripped and re-glued panels "sit around" for
awhile and see if that doesn't help the problem.

It was species of wood like this that the technique of alternating grain
direction of the individual boards in a glue-up was developed.

That said, any type of wood may distort in some manner if not used soon
enough after milling and, as you've noted, your way of working may just not
be compatible to the type of wood you're using.

Good luck ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04