James R. Shields

Default My Best Idea of 2004

Glue together three 12" squares of 3/4" particle board or plywood. Buy a
small inexpensive fan anywhere. Cut a piece slightly larger than the base of
the fan. Cut a 1 1/2" diameter wooden curtain rod so that when attached to
the base and the fan base the fan base is level with the lathe spindle. Use
a lag screw to attach the fan base to the pole so that it will swivel. Place
to the left front of the lathe. I find that this takes care of most all the
chips and all the sanding dust. I don't like to wear masks or other
contraptions.