Mike

"Lobster" wrote in message
Yesterday it was working fine when I turned it off, but when I booted up
the PC this morning my LCD monitor (a 15" Dell E151Fpp) was completely
dead - even the little light indicating 'power' was off. Having whipped
the back off, I found a blown fuse on the power supply circuit board
(which is integrated into the monitor). I replaced this, but when I
powered it up there was an instant 'pop' (presumably blowing the fuse
again) and the monitor is still dead.

Is there anything a non-expert like me can do to repair this? Where
would I start? Seems to me that the whole power-supply board is an
integral item which would probably unplug for diy replacement (could I
get hold of one?), which might be more economical for me than taking the
monitor to a repair shop?

You'll struggle to find anybody wanting to repair it. Easiest solution may
be to identify all the tracks out of the PSU and guess what voltage they
provided, then either break these tracks or rip all these components off the
board and use a Maplin or RS multi-supply to replace it.