Fred McKenzie

EV After ~20(?) years of owning it, I finally notice that it has a range
EV that I didn't notice since I didn't have a reason to use it . . .
EV 200nS and 2mS. What is this? And what can I use it for?

Conductance. The unit of conductance is the Siemens. Conductance is
simply the inverse of resistance i.e. 1/R. It used to be called the
MHO. Conductance is a useful parameter for measuring very low value
resistances in motor windings, PCB traces, and other conductors. It is
also useful to figure out parallel resistors by adding up their
conductance but my solar scientific already has a handy 1/x key.

Asimov-

The advantage of the conductance scale on a digital meter, is that when it goes
over-range, the resistance is low enough to be measured on one of the
resistance scales. If the resistance scale goes over-range, your 1/x key won't
do you any good!

To the best of my memory, the lowest conductance reading on my 8020A, is equal
to 5000 Megohms when you take the reciprocal.

Fred