Joseph Meehan

old hifi guy wrote:
Currently have the walls open on second floor of hundred year
old balloon framed house. With the walls open I have access to
most of the stud bays on the first floor. looking for
suggestions to insulate the outside walls of the first floor
from the opening on the second floor.

I would ask for a couple of bids from local insulation companies. They
should have the experience and equipment to make the job go quick and easy.
I would guess they will blow in insulation. Some of the newer types will
not settle after the fact.

I will add that in my opinion it is important to fill those stud bays,
not just to make your home more energy efficient and quieter, but reduce the
fire hazard.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math