Joseph Meehan

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:44:38 GMT, old hifi guy
wrote:

Currently have the walls open on second floor of hundred year
old balloon framed house. With the walls open I have access to
most of the stud bays on the first floor. looking for
suggestions to insulate the outside walls of the first floor
from the opening on the second floor.

Balloon framed??????
What the f____ are you talking about?

In balloon framing the studs are continuous up the side of the home and
the opening between studs is open from the first floor to the attic. The
second floor floor is attached to the studs not sitting on the top of an 8
foot stud wall.

I hope no one ever sticks a pin in your walls !!!!
That could be real dangerous......
* B O O M *

--
Joseph Meehan