Bob Eager

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:27:53 UTC, wrote:

I've Just had my kitchen drylined, the old backboxes were left in situe
recessed into a solid wall. I now need massive screws to fix my new
flush fitting nickel black socket and light switch faceplates to the
backboxes. My Plasterer assured me I could get them when I bought up
the issue with him but so far cannot find any the right length or
colour. I'm looking at approximately 3 - 3.5 inch in length.
Can anyone suggest where I could get these from, or failing that come
up with an alternative solution to fix the faceplate. I cannot change
the old backbox.

See:

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Part number PL06421. These are 70mm, which seems to be the longest they
do.

Two caveats:

1) a large area of the 'side' of the inside is no longer inside an
enclosure. Not sure what the regs say about this and I've lost my copy
during recent extensive decorating!

2) How old are the back boxes? Really old ones used BA threads...if in
doubt get some 'new' normal screws and see if they fit. If so, the CPC
ones should too.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!