Asimov

"Eric Vey" bravely wrote to "All" (19 Dec 04 17:26:17)
--- on the heady topic of "Another multimeter Q"

EV From: Eric Vey

EV I have an old Fluke 8020B and no manual. I don't remember how I got
EV it, but I use it all the time around the house.

EV After ~20(?) years of owning it, I finally notice that it has a range
EV that I didn't notice since I didn't have a reason to use it . . .
EV 200nS and 2mS. What is this? And what can I use it for?

Conductance. The unit of conductance is the Siemens. Conductance is
simply the inverse of resistance i.e. 1/R. It used to be called the
MHO. Conductance is a useful parameter for measuring very low value
resistances in motor windings, PCB traces, and other conductors. It is
also useful to figure out parallel resistors by adding up their
conductance but my solar scientific already has a handy 1/x key.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Resistance Is Futile! (If 1 ohm)