George E. Cawthon

J. Clarke wrote:
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Eddie Munster wrote:

Sorry I should have mentioned gasoline. and diesel.

As for the time frame, a long long time ago on the Saskatchewan prarie.
I think it was to take out a red colourant.

And why in hell

would you use bread instead of diatomaceous earth?

Because it worked. (??) My Grandmother ran a grocery store and probably
wouldn't understand (or approve of) your city words.

Those were lean days.

But cheating didn't bother her?

Most people who lived through Prohibition and the Depression really don't
give a damn what the government wants.

I think you missed the point. I assumed he was objecting to
my use of "Hell" so I was tweaking his moral values--object
to a swear/strong word but fraud.

Your comment seems to imply that to disagree and being a
scofflaw are the same. Most of the people I know that went
through the depression were law abiding whether or not they
agreed with various laws and policies.

While we are at it maybe some definitions are needed. The
depression was from 1930 to 1939, at least that's what my
references indicate. Going through the depression means to
me experiencing it in a meaningful way which means the
person would need to be old enough to be aware of what was
going on. I take that to mean that the person was born at
least by 1924 and to really experience it they would have
needed to be at least 15 by 1930 or born by 1915. Of
course, a great number of people didn't experience the
depression at all even though they were adults during the
period. It depends on the geographic area, the jobs they
held, and the social stratum they lived in.

Nonetheless, to imply that those born before 1915 generally
approved and practiced fraud is a bit outrageous.