James Sweet

wrote in message
NSM wrote:
"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message
| I was thinking of buying a DVD/VCR player and is wondering if that's
| really more desirable than having individual units. Opinions, anyone?
The VCR will probably die first. Then what do you have? Combination

units
are a nightmare.

Or the power supply dies and takes some expensive microcontrollers with
it, rendering the whole machine useless...

In my experience any one piece fails regularly and renders the whole unit
useless since they often shut down when one or the other part doesn't
initialize properly. No shop is likely to even be willing to look at them,
my advice (as well as any other tech-type person) will be to avoid these
things like the plague, a "good" one just simply isn't made.