On 20 Dec 2004 03:21:54 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:03:42 -0500, GregP wrote:
On 16 Dec 2004 16:39:02 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

How so? I drive Saab cars in part because they're so safe. ....

That makes sense. But a fair number of the objections
here boiled down to I've never been hurt and I never
will get hurt; only careless people have accidents;
and exaggerating the negatives, such as you have to
ship your saw back if the safety device "fires."

Maybe I missed those responses. The ones I've been reading seem to
center around "Don't force us to use someting you can't make work".

One of the most telling things to come out of the recent (post-1997)
debate on air bags was the safety mavens unflinching opposition to
installing an 'off' switch so people could turn them off if they
desired.

They much preferred trying to work around the fact that air bags can
kill or injure you to allowing you the choice of not using them.

--RC

Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent