Dave Hinz

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:04:33 -0800, ted harris wrote:
In newsave Hinz typed:
Yes, but now that I've noticed them for this reason, I'm not inclined
to look favorably on them. Even their "waah, we're not shipping yet
because our supplier has several out-of-control processes" letter would
have been enough to turn me off from them, but trying to force me to buy
something that doesn't work, well, I don't like that.

Who says sawstop does not work? You?

OK Ted, your turn. If Sawstop +works+, why aren't you shipping them?

I thought they were outsourcing it to a low-cost country.

As do Delta, Powermatic, Grizzly, and many others? In fact, is there a
single saw made in the US?

Not the point. In the part you snipped the context was about quality.
I'm making a counterpoint.

And yet, the people who make a living making saws don't like it either.
Hm.

Of course not, because it is a better product. And by the looks of the
machinery they are making, it will be a better product as well.

Right, because their whine letter about, what, rust, wiring problems,
and schedule slips must strike terror into the competition. yawn.