Richard Ferguson

I think when George is referring to being "pinned" I think that he means
that the blade has a pivot between the center and the end, a three piece
blade. In a mower, that reduces the likelyhood of doing damage to the
mower if the blade hits something solid. That sounds advantageous in
terms of not wreaking havoc on your own bot when it hits something. If
you do not do that, you had better have a clutch or some other way to
allow slip between the motor and the blade.

Good luck and have fun!
Richard

george wrote:
Check out your local tractor supply store (TSC or whatever is in your
area). They will have replacement blades for bush-hogs used on tractor
equipment. Many of the larger HP designs are pinned about half way out.
The center section or even the end sections may be just what you want.
These are tough and have holes already machined in them.