keith

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:59:10 +0000, v wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:31:58 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

I did not assume he wanted a raised grain, but rather the appearance of
wood grain. Even on fine furniture (sanded smooth) can you see the grain
of the wood.

But since wood grain vinyl siding is all the same color, there is no
smooth color grain to see, only the raised imitation grain.

Ok, my cedar siding has a sloid body stain on it (and there is plenty of
painted cedar) so it's all the same color too. Only the raised grain is
there to see. I put it up rough-side-out, so the grain is more
pronounced, though it is all the same color. I've since seen some damned
nice vinyl, with very nice corner-boards too. I was impressed, if not
just a little depressed after spending a *fortune* on cedar that I'll
have to stain every couple of years.

Wood Windows? Not a chance! Mine are metal clad wood, but I'd go for
good vinyl clad windows any day.

--
Keith