Phisherman

The vacuum cleaner will not work well. Woodworking dust collection
needs to move a lot of air and an area to collect a large volume of
chips. Take a look at Grizzly or PennState DCs.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:13 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Malcolm Webb) wrote:

Having started to establish a "proper" workshop complete with bench I am
now turning my thoughts to dust extraction. I shall probably go the whole
hog in the near future but for now I have a surplus domestic vacuum
cleaner (one of those otherwise useless drag about things on wheels, not
an upright one). As we shouldn't be advertising here, all I can say about
it is that Mr Dyson knows what it is.

I intend to connect the vacuum direct to the dust outlets on the circular
saw/router/sander etc as I use them, once I have sourced suitable sized
connectors.

Does the team have any advice on my proposed use for this surplus vacuum,
and any thoughts on a more permanent dust extraction system. All my power
tools at the moment are portable but that will not always be the case.

Many thanks in advance.

Malcolm Webb