James Sweet

wrote in message
Greetings:

I have an APC SmartUPS 1400RM that I just replaced the (now dead)
included batteries with a pair of 75AH deep cycle marine cells (L/A)
hooked up in series (24V system). At 48% load my runtime is
rediculously small (It's showing me 0 minutes right now)... I've run a
runtime calibration on the UPS, but that doesn't seem to have
helped... Doew anyone have any suggestions, or is this truely the kind
of performance I can expect?...

Thanks,
Richard W.

Whatever measurement mechanism it uses probably is out of range for those
big batteries, I would suspect you'll get far more run time than the
original cells provided, best test would be to try it out while monitoring
the battery voltage with a multimeter. Shut it down when they drop to 10v or
so.