Larry Jaques

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:59:21 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
calmly ranted:

The original two batteries are about 4-5 years old now, and one is just now
starting to lose it's ability to hold a charge. It never achieves full
power and dies rather quickly. Time for a replacement.

My nearly 3-y/o batteries for the Ryobi 14.4 kit were dying on
me this year so I picked up a cheapie off Ebay. ~$35 delivered.
What a difference!

I just now pulled the 6 dead cells out of the two packs and rebuilt
one with the good cells. We'll see soon if this will work out, but
the initial indication (half an hour on the 2-hr charger) shows them
at full strength and torque. An hour's rebuilding time saved me a few
bucks and now I don't need to toss perfectly good cells away, so it's
less in the recycle or trash bin.

--
Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com
Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites