Charlie Self

Duane Bozarth responds:

Those flatland farmers will never understand hill country Charlie.

Flatland farmers understand "A developer wants to buy your land" quite
well.

Certainly and issue around the larger cities/towns, not nearly as much
so in more rural areas...see my other post on demographics...our little
town is no farther to the south or east towards us now than it was when
I was in high school in the 60s. It has moved north by about 1 mile in
that time. The big expansion is the flood of trailers before there was
any county-wide zoning at all...

Consider yourself exceptionally fortunate. In the past 28 years, Bedford County
has almost doubled in population, and is one of Virginia's fastest growing
areas west of Charlottesville. I'm not at all sure there are many areas east of
C'ville that are gobbling farm space as rapidly.

Charlie Self
"It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable." Eric
Hoffer