TBone

"Silvan" wrote in message
TBone wrote:

I remember when they gave those blade locks away when you bought a blade
(even a cheap one). That's how I got mine and now I can't believe what
they want to charge for them.

Thinking back on my not recommending these, I should throw out some
disclaimer stuff. The blurb in the catalog talks about how the thing has
little ridges (or whatever term they actually used) inside that lock the
blade down. Mine probably doesn't work very well because I sawed through
those immediately. The factory blade on my saw was on so tight I
ultimately had to hook a piece of 1/4" steel rod under a tooth, and I used
so much force getting the nut off that I bent the rod and ruined the

blade.
That thing was on TIGHT. The Blade-Loc might have fared better overall if
my first use for it hadn't been trying to remove *that* thing.

I still prefer the two wrench approach though.

I agree but many saws don't give you that ability.