Joe Willmann

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:31:00 -0500, "Dan White"
wrote:

What do you guys recommend? If the price is in the $200's US or lower
I don't care about the money. It looks like the most expensive one is
a Dewalt 18v. Is this going to match up favorably with a corded drill
of the same quality? Will the battery last a long time? I won't be
using the drill often but I wan't one that can do everything a decent
corded drill can do without the cord hassle.

Thanks for any suggestions,

dwhite

There is no such thing as the best drill.
I have 4 drills. Each is good for what it is good for.
I have a 1/2 drive corded drill hammer. It handles all my larger bit/power
needs. I have an older 3/8 drive corded variable speed drill for when I am
doing lots of drilling near power. I have a 15.6(?) cordless for when I
need to do some serious cordless activities. And I have a 9.6(?) cordless
light weight screwdriver for when I don't need a lot of power or drive lots
of screws. It's light weight is what I like it for. Oh and I forgot to
mention the corded sheet rock screw gun.

I guess the one I use the most is the 15.6 volt. Power enough to handle
most every task. Light enough not to require liftiung weights to handle.
Will easily drive lots of 3 inch screws.

As far as a decent one that will do everything a corded one will. Sorry,
not going to happen. You can get close but only close.