Duane Bozarth

Silvan wrote:

Charlie Self wrote:

telling the farmer 'now be careful you don't damage my $15,000 Cadillac".
The farmer responds "Well, you can be damn sure I'm not going to damage my
$80,000 tractor"!

Has to be waaaaaaaaaaaay old! When was the last time you heard of a 15K
Caddy?

Or an $80,000 tractor. Probably multiply this by 2.5 or so I'd say.

There's such a wide selection of starting models plus options these days
it's essentially meaningless to put out "averages". Most would be in the
factor of 2 or less multipler a few, of course, can be even higher. A
major difference from olden days is the cost of implements owing to all
the enhanced features. A 12- to 16- row planter can push $100k.

The insurance/replacement value of my old '79 4440 is greater than it
cost new, of course, to put some perspective on $$...