HerHusband

Dave,

cordless drill batteries die after a few years
even if not used regularly.

My drill has been used a lot over the last few years, but I suspect it'll
be going back to average homeowner use soon.

I originally had two batteries so I could always have one charged up and
ready to go, but I found I was draining them faster than I could charge
them building our house. So, I bought a third battery.

The new third battery never really held a charge. I should have returned it
when I bought it, but I didn't, too many other things to do. Naturally, it
was the first battery to die on me.

The original two batteries are about 4-5 years old now, and one is just now
starting to lose it's ability to hold a charge. It never achieves full
power and dies rather quickly. Time for a replacement.

I was in for a shock when I learned that Craftsman cordless
drills have very expensive batteries

Yep, I think I paid close to $80 for my last one! I've seen some
replacement batteries online for less though, and I'm thinking of giving
them a try.

for my use, corded tools retain value and reliability

True, but cordless tools provide quicker access, and more flexibility when
you have to work a long distance from a power outlet (common around our
place).

Anthony