Henry Q. Bibb

In article Qyjxd.14278$F25.6424@okepread07, says...
Any experience with the stand-alone router speed controls? I have a 2-year
old single speed Bosch 1617, love it and I don't want to replace it. I
would, however, like the capability to control the speed and the stand-alone
controllers look like a good investment.

Only concern - Is any compromise on the router motor,or internal circuitry
from a reliability standpoint? I don't want to cook my Bosch.

I've got one - I was going to stick it in a table and run some of those
really big panel-raisers, but never got around to actually forking over
the cash for the panel-raiser. It works well enough - I have also used
it with a belt sander, and my jointer has a universal motor, so I've
used it with that, too. The only thing I'd imagine you have to watch
out for is the amperage draw of whatever you're plugging into it.

HB