Tom

"mike hide" wrote in message
My 2' 2' 3' undercounter fridge want on the blink so I decided to replace
it
. Recently I saw some small fridges at HD at about $100+ . I equired about
wlightly larger ones and the person said the specific undercounter units
were in the $300 range. I asked why they were relatively much more
expensive
than the other small fridgerators, the answer, because they have to endure
hotter environment ,seemed logical to me .

Now the question, where can the best prices for such units be found
.....mjh

A refrig designed to be built in under a counter would probably be designed
so there is airflow being controlled by a fan pulling air in from under the
unit and exhausting it back out under the unit. You could install any of
the small units on the market under your counter but you'll have to make
sure there is space on the sides and top for convection currents to
circulate air out from behind the unit. The price of these small units has
gone down substantially in the last twenty years or so. Probably due to
most parts coming from China or some such place.