MG

wrote in message
I have done pretty much the same thing except I took one of those old
buzzer type doorbells and matching transformer and mounted it on a
piece of wood with a long cord and lightbulb adapter. Plug it in, and
turn off breakers till it stopped buzzing. On that same board I
mounted a handybox with an outlet, and the wires coming from that
outlet have a set of aligator clips in case I want to test a wire stub
or a suspicious breaker.

Now you got me curious. What is the use of the outlet with alligators?
Can you explain? Is the outlet connected to the buzzer primary, I doubt it
with the dangling alligators, or is a separate circuit all b y itself.

MG

That outlet also doubles as the place I
store my ground tester (one of those things with the 3 colored LED's).
The board has a handle to make it easy to carry too.

Mark

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:46:40 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

To sort out breakers in a panel I use a high tech device, a radio! Plug it
into the outlet, turn it up so you can hear it in the mechanical room and
start flipping breaker untill it goes off. Same with light fixtures, but I
have a light socket adaptor to plug the radio into.
I have been on construction sites and seen electricians do the same! One
electrician commented a simular experiance with the high tech circuit
tracers, he claims a loud radio has yet to fail him!
Greg