Ian Stirling

JM wrote:
Hi,

My security light in the back garden is a bit on the sensitive side - it
keeps coming on seemingly randomly throughout the evening and night.

I couldn't see any obvious trimming screws on it anywhere (got up right next
to it on a stepladder). No branding that I could see either.

It appears to be angled correctly (not pointing at anyone else's garden
where they may have cats, etc.).

Any ideas on how to reduce the sensitivity? I can obviously go out and get
another one if needs be but would rather avoid it if possible.

First, put a bit of foil over the sensor.
Does it still go on and off?
If so, then it's faulty.

Do you own a camcorder?
If so, pointing it at the lighted area to see if anything is triggering
it may work.
Any gas flues nearby?