Tom MacIntyre

On 16 Dec 2004 08:57:46 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

See: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/hvprobe.htm

Building a voltage divider out of 10, 10M ohm resistors (and suitable
math!) is sufficient and safe.

I've heard, though, that it isn't a good idea to handle resistors that
high with bare hands, due to the possibility of hand oils conducting
current across the resistors.

Tom

However, I do agree with the other posts that if you plan to do more HV
stuff, be on the lookout for a proper HV probe.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.