Dave

You might borrow some ideas from photography as well. See 'rule of
thirds'.

Dave

"Gino" wrote in message

I would love to see a discussion of this.
When designing things like garden gates and arbors, even fence panels and
window
placement I often create stuff that doesn't look quite right, other times
it
looks great.

I understand to concept sorta, of the golden rectangle but what about
other
shapes like rounded top gates, ovals, etc.

Examples.
I make one gate it looks great another looks a little off, but I really
can't
see why.
I make a lattice frame arbor and it looks terrific, change the size and
shape of
the 'holes' or the boards and it looks awkward, clunky.